Scholarship Request Procedures:
1. Team Manager assesses need with team immediately following Tryouts.
2. Team Manager contacts the Scholarship committee to schedule an appointment at the next available meeting.
· Managers must provide a completed scholarship application to the committee at the meeting.
· Managers must be prepared to inform the committee how much the player can pay.
· How much the team can contribute?
· Family background - The player’s family situation/need/reason for aid.
· Document the player is registered online with the club.
· Registration deadline for financial assistance is 8/1. The only exceptions will be for new players joining older teams in the fall.
· All of the above must be satisfied to be eligible for aid to be considered.
3. The committee will meet with the manager. A decision will be made with in a week of the meeting.
4. The committee will keep a written record (preferably and excel sheet) of awards granted including:
· Player Name
· Player Team
· Manager and Coaches Names
· Dates of Awards
· Amount of the Award
The committee will provide the Board of Directors an update report following each committee meeting. An update will include a copy of the scholarship application.